04 May 2009

Resurrection

I've been sitting in front of my laptop for about 5 minutes wondering how I will star this blog...I should feel excited and nervous right? After all, I'm leaving everything familiar and moving to the unfamiliar. I'm starting from scratch from my friendships down to electronics.

I am comparing this departure to my last major departure: college. I was fine and dandy the entire time until the very last second when my family left my dorm and my little sister was balling. This time around, that little sister is in school, as we speak, taking an AP exam that last four hours.. Needless to say she won't be at the airport. Curse the brains of this family. Its both a gift and an inconvenience at times.

Excited? A very small somewhat on that one. I need to stay focused.. don't want to lose or miss something because my excitement has taken over the rationale part of my brain. Excitement is good, dont get me wrong. But excitement is emotions. I need to leave the emotions at the door and stay focused. I need to focus my energies on finding a permanent home, remembering all my co-workers names and titles, learning UK child welfare laws, being comfortable at my new job, and finally making my flat into a cozy home. Once I have all that down, then I will be excited. I am giving myself a month. I adapt very quickly, I am very resilient, and I learn a new job extremely fast so a month to adapt to my job and surroundings should suffice.

Am I nervous? I'm not nervous in the sense of how will they see me, but I'm nervous in that until everything is second nature to me, I will feel like I am not doing it right.

Today is the day where I will finally be on that plane going to London. This journey has been an extremely difficult process. I am so thankful to everyone that has helped me along the way. From my family that has helped with words and finances, to my sorors that have helped by getting me drunk and partying it up when I was feeling depressed about it.

Find me on skype: elenas310@yahoo.com
I'm also on twitter: wwww.twitter.com/elenas310

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Elena, this will be such an amazing experience you've fought so hard for this and despite the dissapointments along the way, you pressed on. I am so proud of you and happy that your patience and work was and will continue to be rewarded.

    ONE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are starting brannndd neewww! I am so jealous. I know you are going to have a blast! I wish I could have partied it up one last time, but such is life. Enjoy it, have fun, and save some babies! Muaaaaahahahaaaha.

    ReplyDelete