10 May 2009

You Complete Me

"When you find the flat that is yours, it will feel like home." This morning I met up with an Italian guy that had a spare room in his house for share. He owns the home but rents out each bedroom and lives elsewhere. So far, there are three other girls sharing the house with one bathroom. Skeptical at first, not really wanting to live like I did in the dorms again but I gave it a chance. I had quickly changed my flat criteria from a 2 bedroom or a large one bedroom to a flatshare so I can enjoy the fruits of my works, have funds to travel and buy pretty things. Its a sacrifice I'm going to have to make but I'd rather be in cramped quarters which will force me to be out and about then living in a large 2 bedroom where I'm comfortable just staying at home.. because I know thats what will happen given my personality.. and given the fact that I'd spent a majority of my pay on my flat.

Mr. Italian man met me on the corner of the train station on his "scooter"... in my mind I imagined an actual scooter I see in the states.. no sir.. this was a motorcycle. He first gave me directions to get to the house and shook his said and said "just get on and we'll go together." Ummmmmm ...... hmmmm.... should I? He saw my hesitation and asked if I had ever riden a 'scooter' before.. I told him no. He asked where I was from, I repied Miami. "and you've never been on a scooter??'. I told him Miami is hot and we like AC cars. He flashed me his smile and said, "dont worry I wont let you scrape the ground." LOL ok.. so I hopped on and off we rode. WHAT A FEELING! My hair was blowing with the wind [thankfully, blowing away from my face], he was chatting up a storm, looking at ME while swerving in and out of lanes. It was such an exhilirating feeling. My next thought: I NEED A MOTORCYCLE!!!! LOL. Freedom and speed are my vices and I just found something that fulfilled both.

He showed me around the house which was nice. It wasnt a wow factor by any means but he definitely kept it up and the girls in the house did their share of cleaning and maintaining the garden. We went up to the second floor where he showed me the room I would be renting. Once again, it was nice, nothing too out of the ordinary. After a couple of minutes of talking he said he was working on a studio on the top floor. My eyes lit up and I asked to see it. We walked up the circular flight of stairs.. he opened the door... and I was home. The studio is GORGEOUS. Wooden floors, flat screen TV, DVD player, private bath, modern kitchen, open windown on the slanted roof, japanese style queen bed.... absolutely beautiful. As I was talking I looked out the window from the kitchen and saw St. Mary Magadelene Catholic Church. I had been looking for the church since I got here and always got lost. I told him I wanted this flat, not to post it up anywhere because it is mine. He gave me his kind smile, said he'll see what he can do and told me he like my "aura" and "presence" and would love to rent it to me. Im sure he was just flirting but WHO CARES!! He did the whole studio himself which is very very very impressive. As I left his house I walked into the church and wouldn't you know, mass was in progress. The choir was singing Ave Maria which is one of those songs that gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. I felt at peace. There is no better feeling than the feeling of being Home. Every since I arrived in England, I have felt at home and felt a sense of completenes. I have truly succeeded in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment